Friday, March 6, 2009

Pictures from last weekend

Our relaxing room at Gecko Lodge

Some of the unique fish of Lake Malawi. They were very curious and would swim after me as I snorkeled. When I turned quickly, I found that hundreds were following me...amazing.


One of the magestic Fish Eagles. We saw at least 10.


A quick view of the main street in Cape Maclear, taken about a one minute walk from Gecko Lodge's gate



A woman in near Mua Mission



An example of "inculturation" (I think that's what it was called) . This is a depiction of Christ using images that are common in the Chewa traditions with a corn stalk being used as the outline of the cross.



On the road to Dedza. Taken from the car. The winding roads through the mountains were amazing with many things to be seen on the side of the road from villages to cows to beggars to creation. Very scenic and beautiful.
That's all that I have time for now. I have to get some sleep before I head to Mvuu for the weekend. This is apparently where the greatest density of hippos are in the whole world; something like 25 hippos per kilometer of river. Should be interesting.






1 comment:

  1. 1. I read "magnetic fish eagles" at first... which seemed odd.

    2. Hippos are dangerous. Please be careful.

    ReplyDelete