Saturday, March 28, 2009

Last few hours in Malawi

The computer with my pictures on it is packed away, so you'll have to put up with boring words with no visuals. I thought I'd write before I get to South Africa where I will most likely not have internet access. You will have to wait until I get to Australia to hear about my South African adventure.

The past 6 weeks have been absolutely amazing. I fell in love with each of my patients here and got tearful yesterday when I had to say goodbye to them. They are so strong and beautiful. I am constantly impressed by their ability to smile through their pain and sickness; rarely complaining or begging for pain medications. I will always remember them. I am now done with all of my requirements for medical school and this was the perfect way to end the 4 year journey.

I leave for Johannesburg in an hour and a half where I will spend my last night with my 3 roommates before heading out on a 4-day-Safari to Kruger National Park. I will get to meet 20 or so new people and see all sorts of amazing things. It will be nice to be surrounded by new faces and stories. I'm excited for the adventures to come.

Look forward to stories in about 1 week...

No comments:

Post a Comment