Monday, February 23, 2009

Pictures from the trek

I must start by saying that I was wrong about the Shire valley being part of Mount Mulanje. Apparently Blantyre, the city where I am living, is in the Shire valley and I have been in Hobbit town this whole time. I was told that some of the Lord of the Rings Movie was filmed on Mount Mulanje, but I haven't checked the validity of this statement.

I figured out an easier way to upload photos, so enjoy! I'm off for our Oscar watching party...taped from last night.


Me on the hike up to the hut









Our hut. I slept on the porch and watched the stars - no city lights in sight.



The view from the hut of the peak that I climbed - Namasile (8,779ft)



Me, Angela, Tom, Shant, and our guide Terry at the top of Namasile



Niamh and I on the way to the hut



One of the awesome views - pictures don't do it justice


On the way up again


The village children at the starting point who waved and laughed at us













2 comments:

  1. Sweet pants! I'm happy they are getting to see the world other than the California desert. Glad you figured out how to post pictures, it's great seeing the sites so we can live vicariously through your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Em! I'm learning a LOT about Malawi from your posts! I was really amazed by the numbers you talked about! These places are beautiful...I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete