Friday, February 20, 2009

The End of Week One

The Group: Angela, Tom, Shant, Kim, Katie, Niamh, Sammie, and me

I am learning a lot, but I am still processing and deciding how best to share it with you without being too full of doom and gloom, so for now enjoy a short blog and a picture or two. I was able to post a couple pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/EmilyGeib/Malawi#, but I can't seem to upload them to here.

Tonight, we are preparing for a trek up Mount Mulanje. We are packing 4 large backpacks for the 8 of us and hiring "shirpa's" to carry it up the mountain to the hut where we will reside for the night. It is supposedly the 4th tallest mountain in Africa, but we won't be going up to the tallest peak. I'll do my best with pictures when we're through because it is said to be very beautiful.

Funniest shirt: "Beer is the only reason I get up in the afternoon" - worn by a very pregnant lady.

For blogs from my fellow travelers you can go to: niamhafrica.blogspot.com or kimpfotenhauer.com (she has some pictures)

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Awesome t-shirt sighting. I laughed out loud.

    FYI, I can see pictures on your blog post so...?

    ReplyDelete